Monday, January 13, 2014

There Is Always Somebody

There is always somebody that has to be difficult. Its true with people in general, its true with kids, and its true with pets.

As I posted last week, the dogs did pretty well in the house last week. We did find a few Libby holes in the blankets when we washed them, but they weren't bad ones, and considering that I wasn't expecting to be able to use the blankets again at all, I'll take a few small holes.

The cats on the other hand, were not at all thrilled about the dogs spending so much extra time in the house. Again I was proud of the dogs. They could have taken up the chase at least once every time they came in. I only had to tell Meeko “no” one time.  Still the cats all acted like they had to run everywhere they went, as if the dogs might jump out at them any time. They kept doing it, even when I put the dogs back outside.

They did have reasons to feel put out. The litter box from the bathroom was moved to the hall, and they were locked out of the warmest room in the house. Bookworm lost her spot in the sink, and went back to Katherine's room. Marshmallow has moved back to our bed. Adora has hijacked the wood pile.

Then there is Captain. As I wrote a few weeks ago, Captain has moved into my office. My office is only about 5x8 and is crammed full of stuff. The stuffing has only become worse as I try to do post Christmas cleaning.  You know how cats are about piles of stuff. If they can't lay on it, they will “fix” it so they can.

Her favorite place to sleep is my chair, but when I come in she always jumps up on the table directly on top of whatever I next to the lap top, which is where I keep the things I need to be working on. So we play this game every time, about forty times a day. I push her down. A few minutes later, she either comes back to the same exact spot and tries to nuzzle on me, jumps on the back of my chair and tries to eat my hair, or gets under the desk and starts digging around. I wasn't worried to much about the last one until I actually saw what she was doing. I had a big shopping bag full of receipts. You will note, I said “had”.




Here is a video Katherine made one day last week. Its a little long, but I don't have the right editing software on my computer to shorten it.  Just keep in mind, the recording was made by a 13-year-old, and the camera “wanders” a few times.




She mentions Captain “eating” my phone. I'll have to see if I can find that video. Here it is. Katherine had it on her Youtube channel.


Right now, we're having much nicer weather, and all the animals are enjoying some extra time outside.
We are too!

Until next time,

Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment