Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nice and Quiet

The last few days have been rather uneventful; although that may be due to the nicer weather allowing Libby to spend more time out side. Another trip to the laundry mat found more hidden damage and once again we threw a few things away. Looking at a clothes catalog we got in the mail, I told Ed I was not buying clothes anytime soon, unless of course Libby eats all the ones I have, to which he remarked “which she is well on her way to doing.”

Yesterday I changed sheets and blankets on the bed. Since Libby is so fond of the striped comforter, I’m going to give her what is left of it. My gut tells me she won’t want it either because it is no longer on the bed or because she has pulled all the stuffing she wants from it.

Libby has been peaceful, but the cats have been a little nuts. Bookworm is pushing six months old, but Captain will still let her nurse. You can hear her sucking from across the room. It’s gross. Later in the day, Ed sent Bookworm flying accidentally, because she attacked his feet while he was sleeping. On top of that, we haven’t been able to get her fixed yet, and I think she’s coming in season which just makes her so much fun. There is nothing like trying to keep a cat indoors when she wants out.

However, I am reminded of another dog and cat that I had. Whiskey was a little black and white cat and Taran was a standard poodle. I think I’ve written about them on my hub pages. Anyway, Whiskey came in season and was driving me crazy making those terrible noises cats in that condition can make. Apparently, they were driving Taran crazy too, because he tried to help her out. Never mind that he was the wrong species and neutered. He stood over her and just went to town. Unfortunately, it didn’t have any effect on her. It was one of those times when I was desperate for a video camera. It would have been a $100,000.00 winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment